Monday, October 3, 2011

THAT'LL DO, IMELDA. THAT'LL DO.

My apathy regarding the topic is only invaded by my incredulity in respect to our fans. They think Imelda's personal knee-jerk response is rude and unprofessional, and belies an insecurity and inflated ego that will only serve to add more stress and less fun to her life. I'm inclined to agree.

Because my love for women trumps my surprise at her behavior, I'm kind of over the subject. I'm an empathetic and compassionate person, and I can't help but wonder if she is overworked, cranky with tiredness, (I know the feeling) and/or there is obviously something else going on in her life that made her react the way she did, to an article I didn't write, to quotes that were not even implied to be attributed to me. Read the article here, and make up your own mind:

http://www.metro.us/newyork/entertainment/article/982471--the-Ettes-are-wicked-cool

The journalist himself admitted the content was taken out of context, something that happens all the time, something I am used to, and something I don't take so blisteringly personally. I phoned them up and informed them of as much, and besides, the interview was recorded, so I have absolute proof. As her tour manager told me, she wasn't interested.

At 37-years-old I'd assume she has a lifetime of a career under her belt and would not be so quick to react (and react irrationally and poorly) but what can I say? I don't know her, and I don't care to. Like I personally informed her camp, WE'RE ON THE SAME TEAM. Alas.

We spent that evening in New York with friends, and you can read a pretty unbiased account of an opinion of a music fan below. Unbiased, because we'd only just met, as music-lovin' strangers, and we gave her the story and let her read the article and decide. Her rational consideration and verdict is one I've heard echoed everywhere since this silly incident occurred.

http://paradoxoutside.blogspot.com/2011/09/ettes-and-who-fuck-is-imelda-may-anyway.html

Hope to see all those cities again soon (you know we will) when the Ettes return, without the baggage. (seriously, I left my suitcase in New Jersey, like the Tribe Called Quest song...)

Y'all's,


Coco

2 comments:

  1. it just occurred to me i can nag you about coming to baton rouge in more places than just facebook.

    the ettes, i've been down with since 2007. imelda, i've never heard of.

    in her face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think all 37+ year olds would behave as piss-poorly as La Diva Imelda did! As I posted on my Fb page -- I bet she also has a terrible human rights record and an obscene collection of shoes like the eponymous Marcos! Some of us female oldster artistes are not at all insecure, spiteful, and cranky. I should know -- My name is Teresa Peacock and I sing (classical repertoire, mostly) and I'm 45 years old and I want to grow up to be just like you, Coco!<3 I love The Ettes and anxiously await your return to the greater Boston area or just the state of Massachusetts!

    ReplyDelete